Site conservation projects have been carried out in recent years on the Bouleuterion, Temple-Church, Bishop’s Palace, and Stadium. A major current project is the conservation of the great Hadrianic Bath complex, made possible by a six-year grant from The World Monuments Fund® Robert W. Wilson Challenge to Conserve our Heritage (2011-16). The complex was excavated in 1904-5 and further in the 1960s, but remained closed and in a state of steady deterioration. The main aim of the project is to clean, conserve, and consolidate the baths as they are now, and then to open parts of the complex to visitors. Standing walls have been cleaned of plant growth, capped with lime-mortar, and their blocks doweled and supported where necessary. Surviving marble floors have been painstakingly repaired, and exposed hypocaust systems have been cleaned, their pilae repaired, and their floors covered with gravel.
Current and future site conservation includes extensive work in the two main current areas of excavation, the Tetrapylon Street and the South Agora.
See: Hadrianic Baths